Subject: RE: T2 Message ID in Response

Colleen,

Each new message has a unique MessageId (an ack or DR or Error is still a new
message) but all messages in the same conversation (as your example appears)
have the same ConversationId.  What I see in your example that I wonder about is
the RefToMessageId.  Should the RefToMessageId always be the first MessageId or
should it *increment* so that it is the previous MessageId?  I think this is a
case of an Ack on an Ack or DR on DR and will probably work itself out by
limiting those.

===========================
In the case of a StatusRequest:

Company A
StatusRequest; MID=1@A; RTMID=
**Send

Company B
DeliveryReceipt; MID=1@B; RTMID=1@A
StatusResponse; MID=1@B; RTMID=1@A (same message)
**Send

Company A
DeliveryReceipt; MID=2@A; RTMID=1@B
**Send

==========================
In the case of an Error on DR:

Company A
Message; MID=11@A; RetryCount=0; RTMID=
**Send

Company B
DeliveryReceipt; MID=21@B; RTMID=11@A
**Send XXX **Failure

Company A
Message Retry; MID=11@A; RetryCount=1; RTMID=
**Send

Company B
DeliveryReceipt; MID=22@B; RTMID=11@A
**Send

Company A
Error on DR; MID=12@A; RTMID=22@B (error on DR so no DR processed)
**Send
. . .

Company A
Message; MID=11@A;  RetryCount=4; RTMID=
**Retries Exceeded so notify Sending Application
Assuming I got all this right, should we add pictures/examples?

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.