Subject: RE: Delivery Receipt, NRR and MSG/CPPA/BPSS (mis-)alignment andthelayering mishmash (was jumbled into: reliable messaging - hop by hop)

David,

It's worth adding one more thing to your statements: The separate
discussion of hop-by-hop delivery acknowledgment versus end-to-end
reliable messaging indicates we need to improve that wording.  A
corollary might recognize a potential overlap between the two
mechanisms and that additional requirements on intermediate nodes may
increase the potential overlap.  This leads to work items improving the
text and making the use cases for either approach more clearly
distinct.

From reading through this discussion, I'm also unsure we've come to a
common position on whether NRR is an application-level signal in all
cases.  The layering issues cover a broader spectrum than just "MS
versus application" in any case.

Otherwise, thanks for a good summary of 100s of messages.

...doug

PS. I didn't include ebxml-cppa or ebTWG in this reply because I seem
to be focusing on the ebMS issues.  Please forward if you think the
other groups need to hear more.

</ SNIP>