Subject: Re: "Primary Business Document"

   Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:35:44 -0700
   From: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>

   I'd rather use the "xlink:role" attribute of the Reference element within
   the Manifest and set it to a value that has the semantics that the BPSS spec
   requires. For example we could set role to
   "http:www.ebxml.org/messageService/role/primarydocument" or something
   similar. This could then also be used by other standards that have a similar
   requirement.

That sounds fine with me.  However, the MS spec isn't very expansive
about just what it intends xlink:role to be used for, and we should
make sure that using it for this purpose doesn't conflict with some
other purpose that someone has in mind for the xlink:role.  We
don't want to semantically overload the field.