Subject: Re: T2 PLEAE READ - Suggested solution to RM Issues

David:

You asked me to check the contents of the Via element to see if the
Via element can be omitted when QOS is BestEffort for the single-hop
case:

><db>Not sure this works. There are additional attributes in the NAD (Via)
>element that are currently required such as syncReply. Arvola. Can you
ckeck
>the spec and determine which is optional which is required and specify what
>the default semantic should be for each of these elements/attributes if the
>NAD/Via is not present.</db>

Your proposed change #11 calls for having syncReply both under
MessageHeader and Via, so for the single-hop BestEffort case, the
information can be obtained from the MessageHeader.

The elements and attributes under Via are:

- CPAId -- not needed for single-hop
- Service -- not needed for single-hop
- Action -- not needed for single-hop
- id -- not needed when Via is not present
- version -- not needed when Via is not present
- actor -- not needed when Via is not present
- syncReply -- can be obtained from MessageHeader
- reliableMessagingMethod - not needed when QOS is BestEffort
- ackRequested -- not needed when QOS is BestEffort

Therefore, my conclusion remains that the Via element is not
needed when QOS is BestEffort and no intermediary is involved.

Regards,
-Arvola