Subject: Re: T2 PLEAE READ - Suggested solution to RM Issues

   Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:07:05 -0700
   From: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>

   Suppose you have three parties, A, B and C. B is an intermediary. A & B
   agree to use ebXML. B and C agree to use the BizTalk Framework (which also
   supports reliable messaging). So you can get end-to-end reliable messaging
   as all hops are reliable. I think your words would not allow this use case
   because the second hop is not ebXML. How would you make this use case work?"

I don't understand how this kind of use case works at all.  Are you
saying that A and C are conducting a business transaction with each
other, and B is acting as an intermediary, and yet A and C aren't
in any sense using the same protocol?

Is there an ebXML CPA between A and C?  Is there a BPSS that A and C
have agreed upon?  If so, I would say that A and C are both using
ebXML.  B and C might agree to use BizTalk Framework as an underlying
communications protocol; that is, they might use BizTalk Framework in
place of HTTP or SMTP.  Then they would not need to use ebXML-style
"retry if you don't get an Acknowledgment" because they have an
underlying reliable protocol.  (Ditto if they communicate using
MQSeries.)  But, C is definitely running an ebXML MSH.

Or are you sahing that A is conducting a business transaction with B,
and the business process on B is simultaneously engaging in business
processes with both A and C?  That's fine, but in that case there
isn't any concept of messages being sent from A to C or C to A; A and
C would not even know about each other.

-- Dan