Subject: RE: October Meeting & membership

I plan to attend the Messaging
Service meeting.

Dale Moberg
Cyclone Commerce

-----Original Message-----
From: ian.c.jones@bt.com [mailto:ian.c.jones@bt.com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:05 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: October Meeting & membership

The next face to face meeting of the Messaging Service technical
committee
is October 3 - 5 in Palo Alto Hosted by SAP.
Will all people confirm attendance to this list so that we have
visibility
of the number attending.  Anyone who will not be attending but wishes to
maintain their voting right must request a formal leave of absence under
OASIS guidelines.

If you do not wish to vote on any issue and wish only to contribute then
you
need not reply.  Loss of voting rights cannot be reinstated until 60
days
after formal request to the chair or after 2 formal meetings.

It is proposed that from October at least one formal meeting per month
will
be held (both conference calls and face to face will be included) but
will
be formally notified as such at least 14 days in advance.  I hope that
after
the October meeting we will publish the meeting schedule through the end
of
2001 with all formal meetings notified as such.  This has not been
started
until now to give people chance to complete the summer vacation season,
but
now we must have formal membership to approve the release of any work.

Currently we have been working with Monday conference calls 11 a.m.
Eastern/8 a.m. Pacific but several people have suggested other dates and
times - now is the time to raise preferred day/times so that we can set
the
schedule in October for the rest of the year.  As I am the only regular
European attendee later time may be more practical for many people so do
not
assume it has to be early a.m.

Ian Jones
Chair OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC