Subject: Re: T2 PLEAE READ - Suggested solution to RM Issues

Dan,

I agree with your comments on the case described in your posting (below)
but it does call into question my previous posting. Consider this:

   A----B----C----D

Clearly, A and D have to communicate end to end via ebXML messaging, CPA
(virtual or real), and BPSS (virtual or real).

The problem is that there is nothing requiring that the link between B and
C be an ebXML path.  Therefore both of our previous comments that all IM
nodes must have two MSHs are not correct.  In the simplest case (dumb store
and forward only), we can consider the combination of B and C as a single
intermediary ("virtual ebXML IM") with what goes on between them an
internal matter that is outside the scope of ebXML.  It is thus even more
important that the spec clearly state its assumptions about the
intermediary functions above the level of the MSH including some words
about the case where there is a non-ebXML link in the path between two
intermediaries.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs