Subject: Errors in ebXML Message Service Spec 1.0?

I'm new on board this ebXML stuff, and maybe I'm incorrect, but I believe I
see a couple of errors uncovered in parsing an ebXML message.  If they are
not errors, and can be explained, please enlighten me.

1.  There is an apparent error in the schema:
http://ebxml.org/project_teams/transport/messageHeaderv0_99.xsd.  According
to the Xerces parser (version 1.3.0),
     org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Line 3 "Schema error: Attribute with
reference xlink:type cannot also contain a value."
Here's the apparent erroneous line from the schema:

        <element name="Reference">
                <complexType>
                        <sequence>
                                <element ref="tns:Schema" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <element ref="tns:Description" minOccurs
="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <any namespace="##other" processContents
="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                        </sequence>
                        <attribute ref="tns:id"/>
                        <attribute ref="xlink:type" use="fixed" value
="simple"/>
                        <attribute ref="xlink:href" use="required"/>
                        <attribute ref="xlink:role"/>
                </complexType>
        </element>

2.  On pages 32 and 33 of the Message Service Specification 1.0, it reads:

"The content of the Error element contains the error message"

and

Error element Content

The content of the error message provides a narrative description of the
error in the language defined by the xml:lang attribute. Typically, it will
be the message generated by the XML parser or other software that is
validating the message. This means that the content is defined by the
vendor/developer of the software that generated the Error element.

The xml:lang attribute must comply with the rules for identifying languages
specified in [XML].

The content of the Error element can be empty.

Yet, when I have valid content on an Error element, the parser gives me the
following error:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Line 5 "The content of element type
"eb:Error" must match "EMPTY"."

 I can see from the schema that no text is allowed.

Bob Kearney,
Watson Research Center,
IBM, Hawthorne