Subject: Re: Layering, to allow alternative protocols between particular h ops

   Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:32:54 -0700
   From: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>

   You make a good argument for a two layer approach to ebxml (hop-to-hop and
   end-to-end) and a clearly defined interface between them. However, I think
   this is a version 2.0 rather than a 1.1 issue.

OK, but I think there is still something valuable that we can do for 1.1.

As recent mail suggests, the document as currently written allows for
two possibilities for reliableMessagingMethod: transport and ebxml.
For 1.1, we can carefully denote that parts of our protocol that only
apply when reliableMessagingMethod is ebXML, and that are not relevant
when reliableMessagingMethod is ebXML.  In fact I think we must do that
in order to clearly explain the meaning of reliableMessagingMethod.

-- Dan