Subject: RE: Use of MIME multipart for zero payload containers

Doesn't zero payloads mean SOAP 1.1 rather than SOAP w/ Attachments since there
are no attachments?

David Fischer
Drummond Group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Weinreb [mailto:dlw@exceloncorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 8:46 AM
To: rsalz@zolera.com
Cc: david.burdett@commerceone.com; chris.ferris@sun.com;
david@drummondgroup.com; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

   Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:35:04 -0400
   From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>

   It might be desired, but it's certainly NOT a simplification, since
   compliant software will now have to handle two different formats.

Actually, it seems to me that this question really ought to be decided
by the "SOAP 1.1 With Attachments" specification, since the question
of whether to use a multipart-with-one-part arises not only for ebXML
but anything else using "SOAP 1.1 With Attachments".  Unfortunately
their spec does not seem to deal with the issue, as far as I was able
to tell from looking at it.

-- Dan