Subject: Re: Use of MIME multipart for zero payload containers

It's always MIME. The media type is either multipart/related with
a type attribute of text/xml or it is text/xml. No sniffing required.

It should be noted that the issue of whether SOAP1.2 should adopt
application/xml, application/soap or application/soap+xml is currently
raging[1] again.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Sep/0085.html

Hopefully, we'll settle on application/soap or application/soap+xml;-)

Cheers,

Chris