Subject: Question on section 10.3.3

I notice that a new phrase was added "along with an Acknowledgment element as
described in section 8.6".

I want to point out that this is a change in philosophy and it should be
discussed.  An Acknowledgement Message is not necessarily one with an
Acknowledgment element.  A Delivery Receipt is also an Acknowledgment Message
(see 8.4.7.1).  This new phrase is not necessary since the next paragraph
stipulates when an Acknowledgment element is required.

We agreed that Delivery Receipts would be taken out of the RM discussion *IF* we
allowed end-to-end Retries.  Since this has not yet been decided, we should
refrain from making related changes.

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.