Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] RE: [ebxml-msg] A proposal for theinterpretationofdifferent synchronous reply modes in the CPP/A

   Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:43:30 -0700
   From: Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com>

   I suppose you are saying that the default for syncReply should be True. If
   the transport is SMTP, syncReply is not applicable. If the transport is
   HTTP, then by default the business response should be returned
   synchronously.

(By "returned synchronously" here we mean "returned within the HTTP reply".)

Really?  I thought that some business responses often take so long
that you really would not want to hold an HTTP TCP connection open for
that long.  For example, what about a business request that can only
be satisfied when some human being performs some interaction: the
business reply might not be ready for a long time.  (Or am I
misunderstanding and business replies never take that long?)

Of course, it's not that important which value is the default value,
if you can always set the vale explicitly when you want to...