Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] MS v1.05

What is Message Ordering needed for?  I know of several developing
implementations and I don't believe they are implementing Message Ordering?  Why
is it essential?

As for backward compatibility, Chris' proposal to create a new element called
AckRequested makes this all non-compatible.  We could change
duplicateElimination=True|False back to
deliverySemantics=OnceAndOnlyOnce|BestEffort.  They mean essentially the same
thing.  The change was for clarity but if this is a problem, let's change it
back?

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.

-----Original Message-----
From: SHIMAMURA Masayoshi [mailto:shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 4:45 AM
To: ebXML Msg
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org; Michael DeNicola; IWASA Kazunori

Folks,

Splitting the document is good idea for easy to read the specification.
However I don't understand why "Reliable Messaging" and "Message Order"
sections are included in Optional part. These are essential functions
for actual business on the Internet.

I propose that we choice one from following ideas:

  1. Move "Reliable Messaging Module" and "Message Order Module"
     sections to the end of Part 1.

  2. Add more one part "Advanced Functionality" and place "Reliable
     Messaging Module" and "Message Order Module" sections in the
     Advanced Functionality part as following:

      Part I. Core Functionality
          [same contents as V1.05]
      Part II. Advanced Functionality
          6. Reliable Messaging Module
          7. MessageOrder Module
      Part III. Optional Futures
          8. Delivery Receipts
          9. Message Status Service
         10. Message Service Handler Ping Service
         11. Multi-Hop Module
      Part IV. Appendices
          [same contents as V1.05]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:57:31 -0500
David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com> wrote:
> This is v1.04 of the Messaging Document. This is a combined effort from David
> Burdett (T2 lead), Chris Ferris, and David Fischer.
>
> We voted at the F2F to split the document into pieces or modules. Rather than
> put those modules in a second document, we decided to split the document into
> three parts.
>
> Part I
> 	Core Extension Elements and Modules
> 		MessageHeader element
> 		Manifest element
> 		Security Module
> 		Error Module
> Part II
> 	Optional Modules
> 		Delivery Receipts
> 		Reliable Messaging
> 		Message Status
> 		Message Service Ping/Pong
> 		Message Order
> 		Multi-Hop
> Part III
> 	Appendices
>
> Three new elements have been created:
> 	DeliveryReceiptRequested
> 	AckRequested
> 	MessageOrder
>
> The main difference for other elements is TraceHeaderList is under Via and
> QualityOfServiceInfo has new children. The other main difference is a new
actor
> for Acknowledgment so it can be targeted at the NextMSH or the ToPartyMSH.
There
> can now be 0, 1 or 2 instances of AckRequested and 0, 1 or 2 instances
> Acknowledgment.  DeliveryReceipt is still in the spec but it is no longer part
> of Reliable Messaging.
>
> OK, Let the comments begin!
>
> Regards,
>
> David Fischer
> Drummond Group

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED