Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Comments on reliable messaginginthe1.0.5 draft

  From: David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com>
  To: Dale Moberg <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>; Arvola Chan
<arvola@tibco.com>; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
<ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>; ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
<ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
  Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 6:18 PM
  Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Comments on reliable messaging
inthe1.0.5 draft

  Yes, I think this answers the question.

  I suppose you could have an application level retry which could be either
a new message or a signal to the MSH to retry a previous message -- but I
don't think we are talking about that.

  This is an MSH level retry -- same Message, same MessageId same exact
bytes pulled out of "storage" where it is saved until the appropriate Ack is
returned.

  I guess we are down to what happens if syncReply is true but the
connection closes unexpectedly.  There will be a Message (with this
MessageId) in persistent storage but no Acknowledgment will have been sent
back.  When the retry arrives, it will find the previous message in
persistent storage but no connection waiting and no Acknowledgment returned.
The current spec says to ignore the message since a previous message is
already waiting but now I think that is wrong.  Sounds like the connection
needs to be persisted at this point and the message needs to be presented to
the Application (again).  This presents a problem since the Application will
now have duplicate messages.  Am I getting this right?  Do we need a new
signal to the Application in this case?

  Regards,

  David Fischer
  Drummond Group.