Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Final Summary on [ebxml-cppa] Comments on reliablemessaging in the 1.0.5 draft

I do not think that the idea of special handling for situations
when the synchronous connection is lost (to send the response
on an asynchronous channel) is such a good idea and would
oppose any change to the ebMS spec that attempted to take this
approach.

If the synchronous connection is lost, then the response
message can be cached, persisted or the transaction can be
rolled back as deemed most suitable for any given implementation
that is intended to provide a synchronous response. If the
response is lost from the original senders POV (the client
in the HTTP binding) because a connection was dropped, it will resend
and either the cached/persisted response can be returned or
in the case where the transaction was rolled back, it can be
repeated assuming that the rollback included all memory of the