Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] RE: New Schema

With SOAP, you cannot rely on having schema validation
at the receiving end. It isn't clear that we have indicated
otherwise for ebXML, but I don't see how we can change the
rules of SOAP.

Therefore, you cannot rely on defaulting values from the
schema through schema processing/validation. You *can*
say that the absence of an attribute MUST be interpreted
as having a meaning equivalent to what is specified as the
default value...

Cheers,

Chris