Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] ds:Signature Algorithm

OK, I have some more information and I am thinking we should stick to the
enveloped-signature algorithm.

Apparently, the use of peer signatures is not well-defined in the security
industry anyway.  So we really don't need to worry about this.

For nested signatures, it looks like you can take the older signature(s) and put
it(them) into a Signature+Object (wrap another ds:Signature element around the
first ds:Signature element).

I will amend my proposal to:

	<Signature xmlns=". . .">
	  <SignedInfo>
	    . . .
	      <Reference URI="">
	        <Transforms>
	          <Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"/>
	          <Transform Algorithm=". . .">
		<XPath> not(ancestor-or-self::*[@soap:actor=

"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/nextMSH"] |
                                          ancestor-or-self::*[@soap:actor=
                             "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next" ] )
	           </XPath>
	         </Transform>
	       </Transforms>
	     </Reference>
	   </SignedInfo>
	</Signature>

Will this work?  Anyone have an opinion?

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.