Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Proposed schema changes,plusillustrative examp le

Could we use the GLN (Global Location Number) for this?  For more
information:

http://www.uc-council.org/reflib/01801/

1. What is meant by location?

The GLN is a unique data structure that identifies any legal, functional
or physical location within a business or organizational entity such as:

Legal entities: whole companies, subsidiaries or divisions, e.g.,
supplier, customer, bank, forwarder, etc.
Functional entities: a specific department within a legal entity, e.g.,
accounting department, returns department, customer number within a
legal entity, etc.
Physical entities: a particular room in a building, warehouse, warehouse
gate, loading dock, delivery point, cabinet, cabinet shelf, housing
circuit boards, room within a building, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 9:12 AM
To: Dan Weinreb
Cc: Jzheng@vitria.com; dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com;
ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Proposed schema changes,plus
illustrative examp le

Dan,

The CPA is defined as being between two Parties, each having a PartyId.
If
I remember correctly, the MS spec defines Parties as the sender and
receiver of a message. What has to be made clear is that a business
enterprise may consist of many Parties, so that PartyId cannot be
equated
with an enterprise. To make this clear, one may have to define the term
"enterprise" or another term that works for both very large and very
small
companies.

Regards,
Marty