Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] ebXML Message Service Specification

This is really quite annoying!  Oh well.  I checked the entire document for
references of 0 before I sent it out yet there they are?  Thanks for catching
them.  I will make the rest of Arvola's corrections tomorrow.

Arvola, please send me your Appendix A comments again.

On the TraceHeader comments, weren't we going to vote on removing
TraceHeaderList on Monday?

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 9:47 AM
To: Arvola Chan
Cc: ebXML Msg

A few comments on Arvola's comments on 1.0.7 and a few other comments.

Line 313, Reference to ebMSREQ:  I agree with Arvola.  You cannot reference
a document which isn't published and available to anyone reading the
specification.  You also can't simply ask OASIS to publish this one because
it is undoubtedly far out of date.  I suggest capturing any needed points
in ebMSREQ and putting them into the spec.

Line 328:  I agree with Arvola.  A specification can't reference itself.
Square brackets are reserved for pointing to the reference list.  Usually
one says "this specification" rather than using a pseudo-reference acronym.

Line 1355:  we have often used something like [ebCPPA] as an object when
the object of the sentence is a specification.  I this case, the object is
an XPointer, not the XPointer specification.

Line 1447:  This section title is "Optional Features".  In RFC2119 terms
(which this specification says it conforms to), OPTIONAL means that vendors
do not have to implement the feature in question.  Does the MSG team intend
that vendors be free to implement or not implement the functions in this
section?  If not, find a word that is not on the RFC2119 list.  Please
treat this is an issue, not as a comment to the technical editor.

Line 1636:  Please check all mentions of the version attribute for
references to section 0.  I found at least one that Arvola didn't call out.

Reference list:  All references to ebXML specifications should include the
current URLs. If the reference is post-v 1.0, it may have an OASIS URL
instead of the original ebXML URL.

Regards,
Marty

*****