Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] Re: [ebxml-msg] Attributes specified in boththemessageand the CPA

Colleen, you are absolutely correct.

Regards,

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colleen Evans [mailto:cevans@sonicsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 11:27 AM
To: David Fischer
Cc: Dale Moberg; Dan Weinreb; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: [ebxml-msg] Attributes specified in both
themessageand the CPA

David,
A clarification - do you really mean to say that existence of a config file vs.
CPA always = "lack of pre-agreement on some parameters"?  If so, I don't agree.
Ebusiness can be accomplished with config files that are created as the result
of
pre-agreement on some or all of the necessary  parameters between trading
partners
(just like it is for the most part today).  For whatever reason, businesses,
private
exchanges, etc. may in the future continue to operate this way, even when
implmenting the ebXML message service.

Granted, a config file can also be used as a default bootstrap mechanism where
no
pre-agreement exists, but I don't believe we can exclude the other case.

Regards,
Colleen