Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] security problem with ebXML MS

It is interesting, and we should put it on the
f2f agenda for discussion, but I have some comments.

This proposal seems to imply that MIME processing/parsing
of the message is limited exclusively to the first body
part of the multipart/related MIME object (the SOAP Envelope)
and that all subsequent processing of the multipart/related
object is driven by the contents of the MIME header info
contained within the Manifest.

No MIME processor/parser of which I am aware works in this
manner. Thus, it would seem that this proposal is suggesting
that in order to process a message, a new parser would be
required. I'm not sure that this is desireable. In addition,
the issue raised suggests that ALL MIME headers, including
those that comprise the multipart/related "envelope" and
those of the start object (the SOAP Envelope) would need
to be protected, or maybe I'm missing something. I don't see
how this proposal addresses the potential that these MIME
headers might also become compromised.

Further, I don't think that it is the responsibility of
the OASIS ebXML Messaging TC to specify MIME header C14N. I would
think that if this s to be done at all that the ownership
and responsibility for this would belong squarely in the IETF camp.

Cheers,

Chris