Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] security problem with ebXML MS

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Christopher Ferris wrote:

    I wasn't suggesting that there were any changes to the existing
    MIME headers, what I was commenting on was the need (for digest
    calculation) to specify canonicalization of MIME headers which
    is clearly (IMO) outside our scope, responsibility and ownership.

As I said in my previous note, this group has special considerations for
canonicalizations that would not be addressed by the IETF if it were to
do this.  Thus, I think it is reasonable and correct for this group to
specify what it needs for its purposes.

In fact, Suresh and I are working on this now.

Jim