Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] security problem with ebXML MS

C14N for XML applies only to XML. You can digest anything
you want and you can define whatever C14N mechanism you
like for arbitrary content types. The problem with MIME is
that its fragments haven't a content type per se and
you cannot (easily) address them with a URI. You *could*
use an xpointer which addressed characters, but that becomes
difficult when you consider that the offsets to the characters
you want to reference will be mutable.

Cheers,

Chris