Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Re: SyncReply Module

No, SyncReply is NOT perMessage.  I added a paragraph in 6.1 to cover this
issue.

My problem is that you never know if there is an intermediary so should you
always include SyncReply if SyncReplyMode not equal *none*?  If SyncReply is
included, it will make it all the way to the end (one hop at a time), isn't
there always a potential for mismatch?  If it is always going to be pass all the
way through, why put actor=next?  If it is always included, then why bother with
it in the CPA?

What was the value of taking this out of QualityOfServiceInfo and making it an
element?  IMO, we just added 100+ bytes for nothing.

Regards,

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arvola Chan [mailto:arvola@tibco.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 7:37 PM
To: Doug Bunting; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Doug:

Thanks for the clarification why SyncReply belongs in 'Core Functionality'
rather than in 'Additional Features'.

I have two related questions:

1. Is syncReply assumed one of those parameters that are perMessage? I don't
think that the CPP/A team is aware of such an assumption.

2. If not, is the element mandatory when it is already specified in the CPA?
When no intermediaries are involved, I would have expected that a syncReply
specification in the CPA would imply that sync reply is to be used
regardless of the presence or absence of a SyncReply element in the message
header. What triggers the sender to include a SyncReply element in the first
place?

Thanks,
-Arvola