Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

   Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:38:24 -0500
   From: Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>

   MWS:  The total of my argument is that there is no reason for the MSH to
   manage the conversationId or to create its own internal form of the
   conversationId.  The conversation is a construct of the application and
   higher level middleware and the MSH only has to place the conversationId in
   the header of the outgoing message. See my response below.

I agree with this.

I think this is independent of the issue of message ordering.

(Actually, the MS spec generally has little to say about the interface
between the Application and the MSH, so I'm not sure why we should
start worrying about it now.  The MS spec really just talks about the
communication between the two ends.  So the question of whether the
application supplies the conversationId to the MSH, or the MSH
generates the conversationId itself, may not even be "in scope".
In light of this, I think we should not say anything about "who"
picks the conversationId as part of the MS spec.)