Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

This sounds OK to me.  A non-normative remark should probably be added that
this holding time might exceed persistDuration.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com> on 12/05/2001 04:36:58 AM

To:    Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>, David Fischer
       <david@drummondgroup.com>
cc:    Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Dan Weinreb <dlw@exceloncorp.com>,
       ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject:    Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

Chris,

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:39:42 -0500
Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com> wrote:
> The thing I have trouble with here is why we have to say anything
> in the spec. This is too suggestive of implementation detail
> IMO (although probably accurate). Why do we need to say anything
> about this at all?

How about this modification on Martin's suggestion?

   When messageOrderSemantics is set to "Guaranteed", the Receiving MSH
   shall preserve in persistent storage the all required SOAP Header
   information including SequenceNumber, which is needed to keep the
   message order semantics, in the last message in the conversation that
   was sent in order to the application until either a subsequent
   in-order message arrives or until the conversation ends (regardless
   of how long that takes).

   The Receiving MSH shall preserve in persistent storage the
   ConversationId of an in-progress conversation until that conversation
   ends (no matter how long that takes).

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED