Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

Doug and Chris,

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:06:23 -0800
Doug Bunting <dougb62@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I recommended, in my comments on the schema and the second half, removal of
> the messageOrderSemantics attribute and requiring SequenceNumber in
> MessageOrder.  The current module is more complicated than necessary,

I think that the Doug's change proposal about MessageOrder means:
    - When MessageOrder element appears, message order is guaranteed. If
      it does not appears, message order is not guaranteed.
    - The MessageOrder element has always SequenceNumber element inside.
Is that correct, Doug?

In the current specification (v1.09), SequenceNumber may appear even if
MessageOrderSemantics is set to NotGuaranteed so that receiving
application can use the SequenceNumber to guarantee message order by
itself. I think it was Chris's idea. See:
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200103/msg00099.html
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200103/msg00101.html
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200103/msg00102.html
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200103/msg00104.html

Doug's change proposal removes the feature. Chris, what do you think?

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED