Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Message Order Inconsistency section 10 pp's 1,2

Marty,

I respectfully disagree.  We have included two normative bindings to
specific communication protocols and left the door purposefully open to any
and all other communication protocols.  It is possible to implement
ebXML-MSH using a JMS provider today.

I also disagree we decided ebXML Reliable Messaging was required for ebXML
Message Order.  In fact, Shimamura-san and I went through some rewording of
his clarifications to avoid that requirement.  The ebXML specification has
explicitly recognised the possibility of other communication protocols in
the past, including those that provide reliability.  We were working to
ensure the message ordering text wasn't a glaring exception.

David,

Recognising the possibility of communication protocols that provide both
reliability and message ordering is very different than making a required
association between the two features.  Just as ebXML Reliable Messaging is
intended to supplement features available in the communication protocol, so
should ebXML Message Order be used.  For example, one of the many SOAP
extensions might provide one feature but not the other.

All,

My recommendation is to change paragraph 1 in section 10 to also allow
non-ebXML Reliable Messaging combined with ebXML Message Order.

thanx,
    doug