Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Section 3.1.6.4 TimeToLiveElement

Dan,

You make some excellent points.

I suspect that MSH builders will be much more concerned about the
complexity of implementing a large repertoire of error messages than about
the cost of sending one occasionally.  On a project earlier in my career,
we had defined a large repertoire of error messages.  Then the implementers
told us that the were going to process most of them in exactly the same
way.  They saw no value in doing fine-grained analysis of the error
conditions.  We quickly agreed on a much smaller number of more generic
error messages.  This could be the same situation even if there were not
the ambiguity of the receiving the duplicate message that exceeded time to
live.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs