Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Messaging Spec v1.092

Dale,

You said: "Do you want to write the MSH  so CPPs
and CPAs cannot be used? If so, there will  be several
annoyed people who have worked on tracking  all
of Messaging's meandering and providing  all the items
needed for agreements for ebXML messaging  parameters."

Doing this is worse than annoying.  You could write an MSH spec that would
not need CPPs and CPAs.  It wouldn't even need manual configuration entry.
It would have to dynamically negotiate every item in the CPA at the
beginning of an instance of communication between the two partners. That's
probably the antithesis of dynamic e-business.  In any case, it would be
almost a completely separate implementation and anyone who needed to work
with and without CPAs would need both.

The MSG team would get a lot closer to "CPA-independence" if they would
clear up the ambiguities as to whether certain items are in the CPA or
message header.  They might also clear their heads if the would adopt my
definition of "CPA":  "Configuration Parameter Aggregation" :-)

Keep swinging.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs