Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Can an MSH send a sync ack and then an async resp onse?

Title: RE: [ebxml-msg] Can an MSH send a sync ack and then an async response?
Yes David, you are probably right, but. . .

Point of order, we have a vote in progress so all motions for modification are inappropriate.  If the vote succeeds, these proposed changes can be part of the OASIS membership critique.  If the vote fails, then we can proceed as appropriate.

We need to finish the vote before making any motions for modifications.

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group
ebXML-MS Editor.
-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 10:12 AM
To: 'David Fischer'; Arvola Chan; Cliff Collins; Cherian Sanjay; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Folks

If changes to the CPA spec implicity change the behavior of the MSH then do we need to rework the introduction (section 1.2.2, lines 350-356) which says

"An ebMS-compliant MSH shall respect the in-force agreements between itself and any other ebMS-compliant MSH with which it communicates. In broad terms, these agreements are expressed as Collaboration Protocol Agreements (CPA). This specification identifies the information that must be agreed. It does not specify the method or form used to create and maintain these agreements. It is assumed, in practice, the actual content of the contracts may be contained in initialization/configuration files, databases, or XML documents complying with the ebXML Collaboration Protocol Profile and Agreement Specification [ebCPP]."

David