Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] issues list

Title:

Thanks Chris,

I'm sorry, I have not responded to these comments because they were submitted after the deadline.

If you feel that some of these comments were submitted prior to the deadline or that some of my responses to previous comments were incorrect, then please bring those to the attention of the group and we can vote on them.  My responses are only the opinion of the editor and do not constitute a decision by the group.  In many cases, I have tried to resolve conflicting requests from numerous parties.  If you feel the resolution was not correct, then please bring it up.

One such case, which I see from your comments, is whether to have Acks on Errors or Errors on Acks (but not both).  Originally, the decision was Errors on Acks, then you made your opinion known that you preferred Acks on Errors (reliably sent Errors).  As soon as I changed the spec to reflect your opinion, several other members spoke out against the change and put forward a substantial case for our original decision -- Errors on Acks.  Since you (nor Doug) responded, I changed back to the original decision.  I was originally neutral on this issue, but I think I have become convinced from the discussion on the list that Errors on Acks is correct.  At this point, it effectively takes a 2/3 vote to change anything, but since this issue was definitely open prior to the deadline, perhaps we should take it up yet again.  Please read the attached message.

Regards,

David Fischer
Drummond Group
ebXML-MS Editor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 2:36 PM
To: ebXML Msg
Subject: [ebxml-msg] issues list

All,

As mentioned on the call, I have tweaked the W3C XML Protocol WG
issues list for our needs, and have established as a baseline the
issues I raised with my vote on 2.0.

Attached are the XML, XSLT, DTD and HTML, all of which should be
posted to our website. We need to be sure that the DTD retains the
W3C IP disclaimer.

Comments welcomed. I'll gladly make any necessary changes
to the schema or styling.

Cheers,

Chris

Below is the last message I sent on this issue. Others did a
+1 but Chris
never replied since he was on vacation.

Cliff

PS. one things I forgot to note in response to Chris'
message was that:

Some message will request acks(receipts) that will be used
in situations
that are not "once and only once" so there would be no
retry. Instead, this
would result in no error reported to the sender.