Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Issue 73: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelopenamespace

Arvola,

I was updating as specified below and I think I see another problem.

Why do we declare the SOAP: namespace at the top of the ...2_0.xsd AND import the schema AND declare the SOAP:namespace on all of our examples?  It seems like the import is redundant?  Either that or we do not need to namespace qualify the SOAP elements.  I would prefer the remove the import.

Also, even though we may not need the ...envelope.xsd any more, we should NOT delete it since some implementations are already pointing to it.

Regards,

David.
-----Original Message-----
From: Arvola Chan [mailto:arvola@tibco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 1:21 PM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

The statement starting on line 618 (section 2.3.2 xsi:schemaLocation attribute) in the revised spec from David yesterday is no long true. I followed the above URL and found that the SOAP envelope namespace has been updated to use the W3C Recommended version of XML Schema, i.e., http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema (instead of http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema previously). Therefore, there is no longer a need for us to provide our own version of envelope.xsd.

I suggest the ebMS spec be updated accordingly, in section 2.3.2, the introduction in Appendix A, the schema posted at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd, as well as in all of the examples.

Regards,
-Arvola