Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Issue 15: Use of the word OPTIONAL

+1.

-Arvola

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Bunting <dougb62@yahoo.com>
To: ebXML <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 2:10 PM
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Issue 15: Use of the word OPTIONAL

David has disagreed with Chris' statement that OPTIONAL is misused
(according
to 2119) in a number of contexts.  The basic issue here is a conflict
between
something that may or may not appear in an instance of an ebXML message and
something that must or may be implemented by a compliant ebMS system.  In
the
specified uses of the word OPTIONAL, the first is meant but our document
conventions (section 1.1.1) restricts us to using OPTIONAL only when the
second is intended.  I would strongly recommend making the change Chris
suggested.

thanx,
    doug