Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Issue 15: Use of the word OPTIONAL

David,

OK, I misunderstood as did others.  Just one example of the confusion that
can take place by using RFC2119 words for purposes not covered by RFC2119.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com> on 02/13/2002 06:29:54 PM

To:    Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc:    Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>, ebXML
       <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>

Yes Marty, I understand.  This issue is trying to change the Messaging
Specification functionality to REQUIRE that everyone implement Role and
allow it
to be in the message From/To zero or one time.  This is NOT what we agreed
to.
I also understand this has implications for CPA, which I have already
discussed
with you on a CPA conference call.

I suppose we could ask the implementers we know of if this will mean a
change
for their code?  What about implementors we don't know about?  We have
already
voted not to change functionality.  The point is that we added Role as
OPTIONAL
and now, after the last bell, we are trying to change.

David.