Subject: Re: Schema-Specification normative preference wasRE:[ebxml-msg]Issue73:http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelopenamespace

David Fischer wrote:

> IMO, it is tantamount to insanity to make world-wide eBusiness via ebXML
> dependant upon a single schema in a single location.  If that location becomes
> unavailable, does that mean all eBusiness throughout the world will stop?!?

I concur with David's concerns.  In fact,  it is written in the
Technical Architecture document that no one single point of failure is
acceptable within the architecture.  Therefore,  I would assert that a
different approach would have to suffice.

When I reviewed the document, it was unclear what we were using
namespaces for.  Is it to simply differentiate elements which MAY
conflict (aka namespace support for XML v 1.0) or are we really trying
to import a schema definition (aka #sC schema import feature).  If the
latter,  please justify this decision.

Thanks

Duane Nickull
--