Subject: Re: Schema-Specification normative preference wasRE: [ebxml-msg]Issue73:http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelopenamespace

The schema being a normative part of the spec would help those of us
implementing it quite a bit.  I am not offering a solution for the
obvious protocol problems involved with having two separate ways of
interpreting ebMS, just stating a objective point of view.  Sometimes
specification language is difficult to interpret if you weren't involved
in the specification process, so having a approved schema to fall back
in can be very helpful.

A project I am overseeing (not ebXML related) involves a complicated
database schema, and an XML API which is used to collect information for
insertion to the database.  The XML API is defined in WSDL referencing
our XML schema.  Our approach was to put the DBA in charge of updating
our various complexType declarations in the XML Schema.  So far, so
good -- your mileage may vary.

Regards,

Matt