Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] envelope.xsd

Chris:

Both Doug and members of the interop team objected to the removal of section
2.3.2 on the xsi:schemaLocation attribute.

Here is an excerpt from the 2_0c spec:

2.3.2 xsi:schemaLocation attribute
The SOAP namespace: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ resolves to a
W3C XML  schema specification. The ebXML OASIS ebXML Messaging TC has
provided an equivalent version of the SOAP schema conforming to the W3C
Recommendation version of the XML Schema specification [XMLSchema].

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/envelope.xsd

All ebXML MSH implementations are strongly RECOMMENDED to include the
XMLSchema-instance
namespace qualified schemaLocation attribute in the SOAP Envelope element to
indicate to validating parsers a location of the schema document that should
be used to validate the document. Failure to include the schemaLocation
attribute could prevent XML schema validation of received messages. For
example:

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/envelope.xsd">