Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] envelope.xsd

Doug:

David, Cliff, and I were trying to tie up loose ends in the schema to make it ready for use by implementers and review by OASIS members. David has refrained from making changes to the spec, except for specific ones requested by Karl. I suppose we felt the changes we made to the schema redirector (to make it consistent with the spec and the errata) were not material enough to warrant a group discussion. There simply was no TC meeting scheduled to allow for such a discussion.

-Arvola
-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Bunting [mailto:dougb62@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 2:29 PM
To: Arvola Chan
Cc: ebXML

Arvola,

This looks fine to me except for the process by which the schema directory changed.  Shouldn't the group have voted upon this proposal before that occurred?  This materially changes what we're submitting to the OASIS membership.  I would certainly have voted in favour but worry we're not following the process ("for all changes to the spec, even editorial", to paraphrase) we agreed upon.

thanx,
    doug

Arvola Chan wrote:

Doug:David, Cliff, and I had a conference call yesterday. The version for envelope.xsd on the TC web site we arrived at has the following contents:
On the web page, we now have two files with identical contents: msg-header-2_0.xsd and msg-header-2_0c.xsd. Each contains the following declaration: