Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Interaction between AckRequested,DuplicateElimination,and SyncReply elements

Regards,
-Arvola

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Bunting [mailto:db134722@iPlanet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:58 AM
To: Arvola Chan
Cc: ebXML Msg
Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Interaction between AckRequested,
DuplicateElimination,and SyncReply elements

[Please note: Yes, this is still me.  I had to change email addresses due to
Yahoo! changes.]

Arvola,

This is a very good point covered slightly by issue 127 and might touch on
issues 165-166.  If we must interpret "do nothing" or "ignore", it should be
explained in the text or an errata.

In this particular case, the sender isn't waiting for an MSH signal in
general.
It should be waiting for the (stored) business response.  (The duplicated
elimination flag indicates that response must have been stored.)  The text
is
incomplete around a more specific sub case of what you've described: when
CPA
syncReplyMode="MSH Signals" (or whatever the next level above "none" is
called)
and not a mode involving application information.  With that clarification,
the
original message would also have a problem because no information was
available
to reply on the synchronous channel.

The most efficient response when no information is really required would be
200 OK.  Closing the connection would only tell the originator to start
retry
cycles.  However, sending a "real" body (probably, just an ebXML
MessageHeader
element) in the synchronous reply could be useful for duplicate elimination
cases, allowing the receiver to store something as their response.

thanx,
    doug