Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] InteractionbetweenAckRequested,DuplicateElimination,and SyncReply elements

Doug:

Thanks for pointing out about the existence of

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/documents/ebMS_v2_0.pdf

The TC web page

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/

needs to be updated. It still shows:

"The revision of the Message Service Specification to version 2.0  revision
C has been completed. The formal voting process is now underway. The
specification and outstanding issues may be found in the documents section
below."

I agree with your statement: "My interpretation of that section was that a
message identifier would only be found in the persistent store and a
duplicate detected if DuplicateEllimination appeared in the original
message." My issue is whether cacheing of the response message and returning
the cached response message in reply to a duplicate message is triggered
only by the presence of the AckRequested element. My reading of
ebMS_v2_0.pdf is that the presence of the DuplicateElimination element alone
would not trigger the above cacheing behavior.

I also agree with your suggestion that the HTTP binding section should
clarify what "ignoring" an incoming message means, and that returning an
empty HTTP response would be appropriate.

Thanks,
-Arvola