Subject: [ebxml-msg] SOAP with Attachments Interop testing

It appears from the attached thread that some SOAP vendors are interested in performing interoperability tests of the SOAP with Attachments (SwA) functionality as part of an upcoming SOAP interop test.

I view this discussion of SwA interoperability testing as a positive step for developers of ebXML's Message Service. I encourage any SOAP developers monitoring this list to support and participate in SwA interoperability testing with the soapbuilders group.

Regards,

Dick Brooks
Systrends, Inc
7855 South River Parkway, Suite 111
Tempe, Arizona 85284
Web: www.systrends.com <http://www.systrends.com>
Phone:480.756.6777,Mobile:205-790-1542,eFax:240-352-0714

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Moulder [mailto:wes@themindelectric.com]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 5:51 PM
To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [soapbuilders] 9-May-2002 con call

Scott,

Awesome, thanks.  (If anyone remembers anything further from the call, feel free to throw it in the pot, of course).  My personal feel is that there are 3 issues that we keep hearing about:

1) Soap with Attachments and the interoperability there.

2) Security in some manner.

3) Hashtables. (I’m going to keep beating this drum)

It looks like number 2 is covered in your list, though it’s very HTTP specific, and I would like to see more transport independent measures.  How many people implement their own HTTP layer?  We do, but I don’t believe that’s common.  Do we really need a face to face discussion to make sure that our HTTP implementations talk to each other correctly?

I know that Microsoft isn’t planning on implementing SwA, but I think the vendors who *are* implementing it should do some testing, even if Microsoft won’t participate.  I recently ran into an issue between XMLBus and GLUE, which points to an error in the WSDL spec. (the MIME binding examples don’t have a name attribute on the mime parts, but the schema for the mime parts says that it’s required.)  Things like this should be addressed via this group.

Number 3 is probably not going to happen, but like I said, I’m going to keep beating this drum, as I think it’s something that people will attempt to use, and a hash is a common data structure.  Some others have seen this as an issue, and added echoMap to their implementations of the round 2 tests. (Causing lots of errors on the consoles of those of us who don’t implement this method. :P)

Those three are all things I’d like to see tested,

--Wes