Subject: [ebxml-msg] Time to move forward

TC Participants,

	now that the voting for version 2.0 is underway.  I propose we begin
work based on the earlier suggestions and issues raised during the review
cycle.  Before we can do this we need to ensure we have a sound organisation
to deliver any revisions and perform any maintenance on the specification as
more companies implement (assuming the spec. becomes an OASIS standard)
version 2.0.  The first action will be define the requirements which I hope
we can do a via this list.

	The initial actions I need are to establish the active membership
i.e. those who wish to vote on any actions and re-establish the TC Officers
(as defined in the TC Guidelines
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml).  i.e. I must
identify a chair (I am happy to continue in this position), a TC Secretary,
TC Editor and a TC Webmaster (I have been fulfilling this role).  As David
Fischer has resigned as the TC Editor (he has my thanks for all his help),
it is now essential that people volunteer if this work is to continue.  I am
not able or willing to fulfil all the roles, if no one accepts the editors
role I do not see how this TC can continue.

	I therefore, propose as my first action:
Would those people wishing/willing to participate as an officer e-mail me
with any office they wish to be considered for by the end of this month.  If
I have more volunteers than positions I will organize an election/ballot as
appropriate.  Also will everyone please consider if they wish to actively
participate, this requires that you "attend (physical or virtual meetings)"
according to the TC guidelines (2 out of 3).  I'll give you a period to
consider before asking you to identify yourselves.  I am aware that several
current members have moved on and will be updating our web page to reflect
this.

Thank you to all those people who have helped us get this far.

Ian Jones
Chair OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC

Email: ian.c.jones@bt.com