Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] RE: [ebxml-dev] SequenceNumber?

Bob, thanks for forwarding this along.

Jeong,

What you are looking at is the result of a long and involved discussion within the TC.  The SyncReply module changed significantly between versions of the specification.  At this point, the binding to HTTP always returns the ebXML acknowledgment in the HTTP reply but application information (business signals and other data) is optional and controlled by SyncReply.

We realized conflicts could occur if a business response was requested in the same HTTP request as an out-of-sequence ebXML message.  Due to that potential, we decided to avoid the problem entirely and disallow SyncReply and MessageOrder in the same ebXML message.  MessageOrder and SyncReply are both optional.

Since I'm not looking at the document at the moment, I'm hoping I captured this correctly.  If others could jump in with pointers to the text, I'd appreciate it.

thanx,
    doug

"Miller, Robert (GXS)" wrote:

Hi Jeong,

I am a lurker on the ebxml-dev list, and a member of the Message Services team.  I did not notice earlier that your message was not addressed to the msg team.  I am forwarding it now on yur behalf.

Cheers,
        Bob Miller
        eBusiness Consultant
        Global eXchange Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeong Ahn Lee [mailto:jeongahn2001@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 4:22 AM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: [ebxml-dev] SequenceNumber?

Hi all,

in ebXML V1.0 the SequenceNumber was mandatory for
reliable messaging.

but in V2.0 it says, When the MessageOrder element is
present,
DuplicateElimination MUST also be present and
SyncReply MUST NOT be present.

but for reliable messaging, we use HTTP so that we can
get the respone
immediately, this is synchronize messaging, to achieve
this we use the
SyncReply element indicating i expect the response in
the same connection.

but SequenceNumber is also very much important for
reliable messaging if i
am correct. why in the specification they have made it
like, when
SequenceNumber element is present SyncReply MUST NOT
be present.

any light on this.
Jeong