Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] [ebxml-dev] FW: Response to your feedback

Thus spoke Arijit Sengupta (ARIJIT.SENGUPTA@oracle.com) on Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 07:50:41PM -0800:
> > FYI. This is not good news for ebXML.Regards,Marty
>
> OK guys, you might be reading too much into this. RosettaNet is still
> trying to move people into their current RNIF 2.0 messaging framework.
> Of course they don't want to talk about an ebXML based messaging
> fromework to replace RNIF 2.0!  Moreover, at the RosettaNet Solution
> Provider board meeting, at the Joint RosettaNet User Groups, etc we
> were told that RosettaNet would support ebXML Messaging once it
> becomes widely adopted. Regards,

Right; in other words, it means only that the RosettaNet membership
does not believe it would be cost-effective to be early adopters of
ebXML Messaging.  They would prefer to defer the decision and wait
while others work out any problems, lower the costs, and generally
prove it a success.

I no longer speak for RosettaNet, but I believe that they still
strongly support ebXML's effort to produce a horizontal B2B messaging
standard that can easily be adopted when "the time is right".

--Pete
Pete Wenzel <pete@seebeyond.com>
SeeBeyond
Standards & Product Strategy