Subject: [ebxml-msg] 10/1/2002: Question on Consistency between SOAP and ebMS

Ian,
In the review of the upcoming release of the UeB architecture
specification, our team met in Geneva to discuss open items and formal
comments received.  We had a question as it relates to the draft text in
our specification:

A Message contains structures for a Message Header (necessary for
routing and delivery) and a Payload section.

We noted that the ebMS indicates the payload container is optional.  See
ebMS, Section 2 on Payload Specification (0 or more, "zero or more
additional MIME parts referred to as Payload Containers, containing
application level payloads...).

Can the ebMS team clarify if the SOAP specification and schemas support
the manifest schema and specification normative text (Is there a
technical contradiction between the two). See section 2.1 to ensure that
the manifest schema and specification, section 2.1 and SOAP
specifications or schema are consistent.

Please advise.  Thank you.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

Note: Please excuse if this is duplicate.  I no longer have the first
message and am uncertain if the team received it.  Thanks.