Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Issue for your review

IMO, if you are doing a one-way asynch message pattern over HTTP, with asynch
ack on a separate channel in the reverse direction, then the HTTP response for the
original POST should be a 202 Accepted. That response should be returned WITHOUT
any processing (MSH or application-level) of the message, which is what 202 implies.

So, from the receiving end, it would be:

1) receive message
2) send 202 response
3) dispatch message to MSH for processing and eventual dispatch to application.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624