Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Issue for your review

Hi Michael,

You are right. In case of the receiving side application fails
to persist the message or some thing goes wrong in the server side
it will raise server side http error code to the MSH. Receiver side
MSH should communicate this to the Sender. As you mentioned the data
will exchanged between the MSHs but not to the applications properly.

Thanks,
Venkat Danda

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wang [mailto:mwang@tibco.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:05 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Dave,

I may have missed something but if the receiving MSH ignores the
HTTP response from its application, and in this case happens to be
500, there will be no retry from the sender as it has received the
MSH Acknowledgment.  This is an undesirable state.

Even in the case there is another message coming through from the
sender the receiving MSH will not send the message to its application
for the second time if the duplicate elimination flag is set.
This message will never be delivered to the receiving application.

If we start to ignore the transport state then the message will
only remain in the MSHs.  The data may have exchanged ok between
MSHs but it is not going anywhere else.

Regards,
-mw