Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Updated requirements list for your perusal

Title: ebXML Requirements List
BTW, Requirements #11, #15, and #16 are related to the support of OASIS WSS (WS-Security)
since:
    - WS-Security will support how W3C XML encrypted content can be referenced from
       the SOAP Security header extension
    - WS-Security will support how SAML Assertions can be carried and referenced from
      SOAP Security header extension

I would recommend, hence, that these 3 requirements be consolidated eventually w.r.t.
incorporation into ebXML Messaging specification. For now it is OK to manage them individually,
if it will help in prioritizing them. I think all 3 of them have high priority w.r.t security interop.

W.r.t. #11 another issue is related to if ebXML 3.0 supports W3C XML Encryption using
WS-Security what backward compatibility support for S/MIME encryption will be required?.
S/MIME encryption is basically PKCS7 encryption plus relevant MIME content-types. This
issue, per se, has some additional sub-issues.

Finally, I am glad we are capturing Requirement # 24 although I would recommend
atleast an medium to high priority level for #24(a) rather than low.

Doug,  thanks for updating this list

thanks,
Zahid